Peter Avdoulos will enter his 33rd season as the head men's and women's diving coach at Springfield College during the 2017-18 academic year. Avdoulos, who is also the Associate Director of Campus Recreation at Springfield College, is regarded as one of the top diving coaches in the nation.
A 1985 graduate of Springfield College, Avdoulos was a standout diver for the Pride, as he received the Charles Batterman Award as the top New England Diver during the course of his career as a student-athlete.
Avdoulos has coached countless All-New England and All-American divers, including four-time All-American Mike Shaw, the first Springfield male diver to win a national title. As a sophomore, Shaw won the Division III National Championship on the three-meter board, while finishing runner-up in the one-meter competition. In his junior campaign, Shaw won the national championship in both events and was named the NCAA Division III National Diver of the Year. He swept the one- and three-meter events at the conference championship to garner NEWMAC Diver of the Year honors all four seasons of his career.
Avdoulos also coached eight-time All-American Lindsay Moore, the Division III Women’s Diver of the Year and national champion on the one-meter board in 2002, and Allison Mellage ’03, the 2001 national champion in three-meter diving.
- Has had student-athletes earn 103 All-America honors during his career with Springfield College, including seven NCAA Division III National Champions.
- Named NEWMAC Diving Coach of the Year 16 times, including a remarkable stretch as both the Men's and Women's Diving Coach of the Year from 2012-2015.
- Guided Springfield College divers to eight-consecutive NEWMAC Diver of the Year honors from 2007-2015, including Jack Lewis '14, who earned back-to-back NEWMAC Men's Diver of the Year honors in 2013 and 2014.
- Named the NCAA Division III Men's Diving Coach of the Year in 2005, and has been named the NCAA Division III Women's Diving Coach of the Year four times in the last decade.
- Selected as the New England Diving Coach of the Year eight times since 1991